Statement of Belief and Lifestyle
MidAmerica Nazarene University is a Christian, liberal arts university in the Wesleyan-Arminian tradition. As a university of the Church of the Nazarene, we expect a student's lifestyle to be consistent with ethical Christian behavior. We realize some of our students do not share all of our commitments to the denomination; yet it is essential that all men and women who associate with MidAmerica Nazarene University live within the principles of our Christian community, which include chapel attendance and campus dress code.
It is expected that all students, on and off campus, will voluntarily
- Abstain from the use of alcoholic beverages, tobacco, habit-forming or illegal drugs, use of profane language, and theft.
- Show discretion regarding entertainment.
- Refrain from sexual immorality.
- Assume responsibility for unquestionable honesty.
- Demonstrate concern and respect for the rights of others.
- Respect the property of other individuals and the University.
- Refrain from unsupervised visitation of members of the opposite sex in their rooms or apartments.
- Adhere to the lifestyle guidelines as stated in the Student Handbook.
It is also noted that MidAmerica prizes residential life and requires all unmarried students under the age of 22 not living with parents or guardians to live on campus and participate in the food service program if they enroll in more than six hours per semester.